4/21/2022: Michelle Yesney is stepping down as Mickaboo's CEO after 18 years of service. Michelle intends to stay active with Mickaboo as an experienced advisor and board member - and of course, she’ll be keeping her commitments to her current foster birds. See more details here.
Mickaboo is hosting monthly online adoption fairs via Zoom and Facebook. Our April 2022 virtual adoption fair has been posted to Facebook.
Our next adoption fair is Saturday, May 28, 2022, at 1 pm PT. Register here.
03/17/2020: Mickaboo responds to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Read more.
Mickaboo is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (tax id #94-3286344) based in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Mickaboo is an all-volunteer virtual organization, meaning we are a network of volunteers with no central physical location. Our basic goal is to rescue parrots and other commonly domesticated companion birds who have been neglected, abused, injured or surrendered to us because their owners can no longer care for them. To accomplish this goal, we do the following:
- Provide medical care and safe, healthy, foster homes for the rescued birds we take in.
- Take in and rehabilitate injured or sick conures from the San Francisco "Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” flock.
- Find and educate quality adoptive homes for the birds in our foster care
- Inform avian caregivers on the most current standards of care via our free classes, online resources, and consultations.
- Educate the public about the tragedies of overpopulation, and encourage them to adopt, not buy or breed birds.
Mickaboo is always looking for energetic, responsible volunteers to become foster parents and to help us rescue 300 to 400 birds every year, including helping with administration, education, fostering, public relations, technical support, and even simple one-day tasks such as bird and cage transport or staffing our adoption fairs.
We gladly accept donations. Over 95% of the financial support we receive goes to providing direct care for our birds.